Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Too Much Information

I don't know if you have this problem. I have a tendency to have so much in my head at any given moment or ideas that are so complicated that I feel like I have to get them all out at once for someone to really understand. This is a real problem. In our world it is difficult for people to stay engaged long enough for me to pummel them with information. While I am trying to get every detail out of my head the nice person in front of me is slowly starting to drool and stare into the dark abyss.

So I am trying to think more in terms of sharing over time. The benefits are that you actually start developing relationships. You start to see the ideas and concepts like the facets of a diamond instead of a big chunk of rock. Diamonds are interesting. Most rocks are not. If someone tosses you a diamond you try to catch it. If someone tosses a rock you duck.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry, what did you say? I was drooling and staring off into the abyss...

    My question to you is can you actually just give them a small peek at what's in there? Can you only reveal a tidbit? My experience says that will be the real challenge.

    ReplyDelete